Friday, July 13, 2012

The man who defined cricket to me..!!



One of the few good habits that I've adopted during these vacations is waking up early in the morning..*proud*. And this really is an uphill task for a sleeper like me..!! And so today, while I went for my so -called-5 minutes-morning walk, Friday, the thirteenth struck my mind..(today's date) and as convinced as ever, I never doubted my believe that it's a mere date and don't know why it actually bother few people around me and many across the globe. I'm anyway not  a believer of all the like stuff.


Didn't have to go for my training today, so was quite relaxed and I don't know what hit me, I logged in to my twitter account, No, I don't have much followers there because I have a purpose for joining twitter---> Brett Lee and Only Him..:) And what news did I read ?? 

Brett Lee's retiring from international cricket (all forms)  I felt paralysed with the shock of not being able to watch him play in his yellows..:( I have been a cricket crazy fan since class 6th ( I know too young an age for a girl to watch and love cricket) but this man, the speedster did wonders to me...And I knew someday this would happen but never expected this to happen any sooner than 2-3 years from now..:(
The feeling couldn't sink in so instantly. :(

As I read what Brett tweeted ( It's official, I have retired from international cricket! Thanks for all your love and support. It's been an amazing 13 years) a tear flowed down from my eyes and I knew cricket for me won't be the same anymore. That man defined cricket to me. I won't be the same cricket crazy fanatic anymore and I'd hate being that way..:(


Few people say I exaggerate my love for him, many make fun , truth is if anyone of them have/had been a fan  
anyone ever for real, they'd understand..as for Brett, I wish him a speedy recovery and all the best for his future. Only regret being not be able to watch him play in a stadium. But IPL next season, Watch out, I'd be there to cheer KKR...:*

But yes it's true I've never been so crazzyy for any other celeb in my entire life and after being a Brett Lee fanatic for about 10 years, there's no way I'd fall for anyone else, the way I did for him, He makes me feel like he's always around, just have to make a call for him and he'd be right there..*sigh* never thought of him as a celeb much..:/ He made me smile by his mere presence in the world of cricket. I wonder how it'd be like meeting him up someday. And I'm not dying till I meet you Mr. Lee..:)

I had to tell you how crazy I've been for you and how much I've admired you and after reading your book (My Life: Brett Lee) I have fallen all over for you again for you're such a remarkable person and yet so humble. :):) You inspire me..NO ONE CAN REPLACE YOU EVER..!!

And one wicket shy from Mcgrath's 381..it really makes me want to make you play one more ODI ..it really hurts to watch you bid goodbye..:( but hey I'm happy that you've been a legend in the cricket world and a hero to so many people like me around the world. # Respect..total respect..:)

I've loved you for 10 years..I love you today and I always will...Can't wait for IPL's next season..( can't believe I'm saying that, I'm not much of  a fan of this league)
Thank you Bing for being in the world and making me aware of your presence..you've been an incredible bowler and an energetic athlete. 10/10 in every way. :)

As I dedicate this post to you, I had to jot down few lines which I believe are one of your favourites too..:)
These lines take me to a place where I can atleast imagine being with you..:D God I'm really crazzyyy..:):)

Every time I close my eyes it's youAnd I know now who I amYeah, yeah, yeahAnd I know now

There's a place I go when I'm aloneDo anything I want, be anyone I wanna beBut it is us I see and I cannot believe I'm fallingThat's where I'm going, where are you going?Hold it close, won't let this go


Dream, catch me, yeah
Dream, catch me when I fallOr else I won't come back at all..:)
Stay blessed Bing.With loads of love,A Brett Lee fan forever.


And one day I'd replace this pic for a real you and I pic.:)



8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh!! I didn't know you are this crazy for Brett Lee.. :D

    But tum sad mat ho na!! Itni achi post ke baad sad hona not allowed. :-* And why don't you post its link on Brett Lee's twitter page? Who knows ladka impress ho jaye aur thoda senti bhi.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I'm just don't brag much now because logo ko lgta hai I exaggerate..:))
      Yes, yes janemann I did post this on his twitter page, no reply aas of now..but keeping fingers crossed..!! :)
      Thanks for the read. :))

      Delete
  2. One more Bret Lee fan! Nice one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!!! I m a big fan of brett lee too just love him!!!:-):-) u knw wht i knew nothing of cricket but just watched it coz i liked seeing him:-P:-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha and guess what I met him last October and he is so hot ! I ll update a post fr you if you want . just let me know. :D

      Delete