Wednesday, December 26, 2012


                                A Simple Plan.


" So you're leaving me?"
Safira didn't utter a word but kept staring at the bouquet of red roses,her favorite. Aditya bought them for her on his way back home.

"And what's with this inclemency? Stop being so frigid and hard on me. I need you to answer me RIGHT NOW..!! Are you?" he asked angrily.


"Yes, and I don't have to explain you the reason. You already know." Safira crippled.


"Is it about last night?" he asked.


"Yes and the night before and tuesday night too. I cannot take this anymore,Aditya. I'm done with you rebuking me every now and then. You can't put up yourself for a second without criticizing or complaining about my dress, my looks, the way I walk,talk,cook and what not........I'm tired...and I'm hurt....so bad...and" She broke down as he advanced forward to comfort her....but she barred him from coming close to her.


"We can make things bet..." Safira cut him off  in the middle ," NO...!! I don't want things to be better....layering my mind and heart with load of crap and then bringing me sweet gifts of your pseudo love isn't even love in the first place..and it wouldn't do any good to me..." She cried as she threw away the red roses on the ground. 


"I detest you after what you did to me last night. You hit me, Aditya, because I didn't want to cook. I was tired, Aditya. I work 9 hours a day too. I have my moods and choices too. It's worthless telling you this after what you did. You're nothing less than a monster to me. I hate you...and I wish I'd never have to see your ugly self again..!!" 


Without a sign of guilt on his face, Aditya yelled back at her," So I hit you. I was mad. I work hard to earn what you just waste away on your looks which aren't even worth spending thousand bucks on and don't get me started on your insatiable feasting frenzy, Safira. Get over yourself. You needed to learn a lesson or two. And where would you go any way?"


"Anywhere but here." something inside her was constantly dying when she heard what Aditya told her...he didn't have a fear of losing her..moreover he was quite confident that she wouldn't be able to leave him. It was a disgrace to her love..her heart..which ached..in silence.


She paced towards the door. She didn't care about anything now.

She didn't want to remain arrested in his concocted tale of love.
She'd do anything and everything to get over his spurious thoughts. She even left her family for the sake of his love,little did she know about the unfortunate series of events that hit her like a thunderbolt.

His voice distracted her thoughts again, " So you're really leaving? In a sense, it's nice... at least I'll have some peace around me. Go away. If you find anyone better than me out there..huh..."


She didn't reply but kept moving...she opened the door and again his voice interfered," You think it's the right thing to do? You think it's that simple?


"Yes. It is that simple,Aditya. And much better too, than living with you."


" Oh yea, well let's hear about your "simple plan" then,eh?"


"As long as I have somebody to love me like crazy, it will always be easy and simple to leave back everyONE who has, have or had caused pain to me And you'll always top the list, Aditya."


You don't have anybody out there..you're at loggerhead with your family too...Who'd love you more than me Safira? Who would?"


Safira, for the last time, turned back and looked at him.

She smiled, painfully, and with tear-filled eyes,
she answered," I will."


                       




3 comments:

  1. and then they lived happily everafter.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple plan indeed in simple words:) Best wishes for the New Year, Yashi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you too..:)
    And thank you so much for constant appreciation. Means so much to me..:)

    ReplyDelete