Friday, December 14, 2012

                                       Little Miss Captivating.



It's true that unlike many people I don't really enjoy being around kids unless they're too cute to fall between the cracks. It's not that I hate them (yes I'm blind eye-d towards those badly misbehaved ones) and also I'm head over heels in love with a few.I have my favorites and most of them are blood related and way too adorable. (I'll post few pics some time ) but somehow I can live with the fact that when a kiddo or a baby at times passes by me, I don't always launch myself upon the the poor thing and annoy him enough.

But yesterday,something strange happened to me. I was with a friend at GIP, Noida, gorging on the chocolate fudge like a pig, when this little girl caught my attention.


She must have been 4-5 years of age and no she didn't look like a butterball nor was she chubby nor plump. She was fine. Absolutely alluring. . I was intrigued. I was in love with the innocence that her angelic face assured. 


She wore a green hoodie and had no idea what was going around. It was my first time ever that I gestured a little one to come to me. But she wasn't interested. She had her eyes fixed on the chocolate fudge that I was feasting upon. She was so little and ethereal that she was unable to carry the hoodie and  couldn't even walk accurately. That made her look even more amiable. 


She was pure. She was sinless. I loved her carelessness, how, unlike kids of her age, she never cared about running to her parents when a stranger waved at her..rather she preferred to stay for the sake of having a chomp of the chocolate fudge that I held in my hands. 


 She was gorgeous.  I was so mesmerized by her charm that I didn't even catch sight of her guardian/s.  She was so little and slender. The moment lasted for a while. Her eyes twinkled as her heart told her to have the ice-cream but in a split second,as if she rose from her sleep, she turned to the opposite direction and advanced . It gave an impression as if it was her sheer attempt to avert her attention away, to other things. She never looked back again. She glided forward, never missing anything that caught her sight. And my eyes followed her till she disappeared.


I wish I had clicked a picture of her. But the moment lasted for a short while. I didn't think about anything but her for that moment. Like a pretty little doll she was. God bless her. She made me smile then and,


She just made me smile again.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Awww!! Sweet. :*

    And background of beer? Haha.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it happened when I was trying to fix the blog update wli problem..:/

      Delete
  2. Yashi, you painted the image with your words, very well of the innocence of the child:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words of appreciation. :)

      Delete
  3. nicely written....it is always the innocense of kids that is adorable, and you portrayed it very beautifully..liked it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chetan, and yes thanks for visiting by..:) Take care.

      Delete
  4. Dear Yashi,
    We wish to invite you to FirstQuarto.
    FirstQuarto is a social original-content sharing tool that lets you post original content in the form of articles, blog-posts, opinions, commentaries, reviews etc. and have your ideas rated, shared and publicized by fellow users. We believe in aiming to make the world's best original content easily accessible and usable. In an age when the world rates just about everything from restaurants to presidents, we realize how important quality-rating is and how beautifully it serves the dual purpose of providing absolute publicity and saving one's time.
    Your already existing blog is easily connected at FirstQuarto. We are, as yet, only beginning to open up to the web so you are one of the first few people we're inviting.
    Please visit http://firstquarto.com/about to find out more.
    We hope you register with us and like our effort.
    With pleasure,
    The FirstQuarto Team

    ReplyDelete